- CDOT Releases 2014 Bikeway Report, Plans to Extend Vincennes & Milwaukee PBLs This Spring
- 43rd Ward Candidates Respond to Questions About Walking, Biking, and Transit (BWLP)
- Amtrak Kicks in $12 Million for Union Station Work. Does This Mean No More Leaky Ceilings? (Sun-Times)
- DUI Crackdowns Planned for Bridgeport & Gresham — Which Had 2 fatal Crashes in 1 Week (DNA)
- Opinion: Transportation Upgrades Would be a Benefit of Locating Obama Library in Lawndale (Crain’s)
- Transport Notes Checks Out the CTA’s New Battery Electric Buses
- Anti-Cam Candidate Pete DeMay Put 10,000 Fake Parking Tickets on SW Side Windshields (DNA)
- Michael Withers Biked 267 Miles in a Week to Win Active Trans‘ Roll the Cold Challenge Crown
- Ridiculous, Kickstarter-Funded “Squirrel Truth” Ads Debut on the CTA (RedEye)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I will continue to produce Today’s Headlines as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!