Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 20
- CTA: Our proposed 2023 budget doesn’t raise fares, continues service improvements to meet growing ridership
- Loyola Phoenix looks at CTA ridership reaching a new pandemic-era record.
- Man charged with felony aggravated DUI for crash last May that killed Isidro Chavez, 41, on Dan Ryan (Sun-Times)
- Participants in last month’s Mexican Independence Day caravan received belated tickets for obstructing traffic (Block Club)
- Augusta Boulevard protected bike lane delayed until spring (Block Club)
- High Speed Rail Alliance’s Rick Harnish discusses efforts to make intercity rail competitive with driving and air travel (Reader)
- A new 13-mile trail is coming to the Paul Douglas Forest Preserve in Hoffman Estates (CBS)
- John discusses the CTA “ghost run” problem in a from-the-bike-saddle radio interview in rural Wisconsin (Outside the Loop)
Did you appreciate this post? Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.