Today’s Headlines for Monday, January 17
- Instead of getting fired, official in botched Little Village implosion gets written reprimand (Block Club)
- Police: Driver blew a red light in Waukegan, causing 4-car crash that killed another motorist (NBC)
- 19-year-old woman injured in shooting, crash near Joliet mall (Fox)
- CBS: On average, a violent crime happened on CTA property every day in the past 30 days
- Should “unremarkable” 111-year-old YMCA building near Naperville Metra be demolished? (Tribune)
- Equiticity is holding the North Lawndale Racial Justice Ride for MLK Day today
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago