Today’s Headlines for Monday, December 27
- Editorial: To help Loop survive changes, city must make it easier to convert office space (Tribune)
- Hit-and-run driver killed person in Schiller Park, vehicle recovered with fire damage (ABC)
- Wet roads blamed for semi driver crashing into wall at Armitage, causing fuel leak (CBS)
- Driver rear-ends semi in Pleasant Prairie, miraculously survives having roof sheared off car (ABC)
- 5 bikes stolen from Zion Cyclery last week, latest incident in bike shop burglary epidemic
- Plan Commission advances 64-unit affordable building with 19 car spots at 1203 N. California (Block Club)
- West Side athletic center, affordable housing project receive $6.7M in grants (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago is operating on a light publishing schedule this week, including Today’s Headlines and occasional posts, as we focus on wrapping up our fund drive.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K, hopefully by January 1, to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great new year.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago