Today’s Headlines for Monday, May 24
- Lightfoot announces $80 million in housing rental assistance (Tribune)
- Reilly accuses ride-hail companies of “predatory fares,” wants price cap imposed (Sun-Times)
- Father, 39, dies after driving through retention net into the Calumet River; son, 16, rescued (ABC)
- Police investigating shooting at Orland Park Metra station Saturday night, no injuries (Fox)
- The Guardian looks at Obama Center-related displacement issues
- Chatham’s ‘Mobile Boardwalk’ will bring outdoor dining, more summer events (Block Club)
- Block parties are back — but without bouncy houses, city says (Block Club)
- WBEZ gets commuting tips from the Active Transportation Alliance
- WGN checks out the Biking Out Negativity ride in North Lawndale
- What’s the best way to bike to Kenosha? (The Chainlink)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.