Today’s Headlines for Monday, February 8
- 39th Ward residents can vote for bike lanes on Bryn Mawr in PB election (The Chainlink)
- Man, 83, killed and woman, 40, injured in head-on crash near St. Charles (WGN)
- Orange train derailed near Midway Sunday morning, no injuries reported (NBC)
- Paths and crosswalks around Logan monument aren’t being cleared this winter (Block Club)
- Moving 350-spot garage at NWU medical facility underground will add $7M to cost (Block Club)
- Luxury anti-TOD near Morgan station will have 80 units, 112 spaces (Block Club)
- Veteran transportation advocate Jacky Grimshaw will be honored at ATA gala on 2/24
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
-John Greenfield, co-editor