Today’s Headlines for Monday, October 26
- Driver struck and killed Czeslaw Kosman, 78, on his bike Friday in Norwood Park (Sun-Times)
- Driver charged in South Loop hit-and-run crash that left woman critically hurt (ABC)
- 25 years later, Fox River Grove Metra-school bus crash still haunts engineer, other survivors (Sun-Times)
- Zotti: To save Chicago post-pandemic, leverage rail to increase opportunities for all (Sun-Times)
- Daily Herald looks at the challenges facing Pace as it finalizes its 2021 budget
- Letter: Metra, enforce your mask rules! (Here’s South Shore Line’s controversial approach) (Sun-Times)
- Loomis bridge reopens with concrete-filled bike lanes (City of Chicago)
- Aurora will apply for state grant to finish connecting bike trail through far East Side (Tribune)
- MPC hosts “Life on Wheels” future of mobility documentary screening & conversation on 11/12
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago