Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, October 14
- Advocates call for keeping transit running during any post-election protests (ATA)
- CTA rolls out a program to help businesses cope with RPM construction disruptions (Block Club)
- Trucker fatally struck Jo’Ovyonne Kortize Du’shon Williams, 16, on bike in Joliet (Patch)
- Robbie Klapp, 51, fatally struck by two drivers in Joliet (Patch)
- Driver ran light before crash that killed Cecilia Bautista, 16, Sunday in Archer Heights (Sun-Times)
- New Tower at 110 N. Wacker includes a stretch of covered riverwalk (RE Journals)
- There’s fresh green and red paint on the Dearborn bike and bus lanes (CDOT)
- John, other local reporters discuss covering eTOD at Elevated Chicago panel Thursday 5:30 PM
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago