Today’s Headlines for Thursday, April 16
- City officials imply the total closure of the lakefront has helped flatten the curve (Block Club)
- Petition to reopen the Lakefront Trail to bikes only has about 850 signatures
- Metra may lose over $500 million — and 97% of riders — due to coronavirus (Sun-Times)
- In addition to the 50-car pileup, there were 80 other expressway crashes yesterday (Sun-Times)
- Warrant issued for second suspect in killing of ex-Marine pushed into CTA train (Sun-Times)
- Another interview with a food delivery driver (Chicago Magazine)
- Active Trans: We’ve got resources for educating kids about walking and biking safety
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.