Today’s Headlines for Thursday, September 12
- How do we keep NIMBYs from killing good projects like the Dickens Greenway (Active Trans)
- In an effort to protect Lakefront Trail, beaches from high water, CDOT installing Jersey walls (Curbed)
- Judge says lawsuit to block Lincoln Yards may not pass legal muster (Block Club)
- Lori gets scrapyard near Lincoln Yards site to leave the North Side by 2020 (Tribune)
- Man charged with criminal sexual assault for attack at Pulaski Pink Line station (Sun-Times)
- Driver crashes into a building at Washington/Elizabeth in West Loop, occupants flee (Sun-Times)
- Drawings by late musician Wesley Willis, featuring cityscapes, transportation, showing at gallery (Block Club)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago