Today’s Headlines for Monday, August 5
- 2 dead, several injured after fiery Bishop Ford crash (CBS)
- Hit-and-run driver in 2-door red Honda critically injured woman, 47, in Humboldt (CBS)
- Taxi driver died in 3-vehicle crash on Edens in Skokie, lanes closed for 6 hours (Tribune)
- Driver who killed Telesfora Escamilla, 84, found not guilty; “He got away with murder” (ABC)
- CBS looks at the (surprisingly common) problem of people walking on CTA tracks
- Call the Wahbulance! After its JUMP propaganda campaign failed, Uber sues the city (Block Club)
- Cool ways to get around without a car, including a nifty everything-red bike (Tribune)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago