Today’s Headlines for June 5, 2017
- Driver Killed Edith Guevara, 58, Injured Another Pedestrian in Portage Park (Sun-Times)
- Hit-and-Run Driver Fatally Struck Man Who Fell Out of Party Bus on the Tri-State (Herald)
- Man Jumped Out of Car, Punched and Robbed Divvy Rider in South Loop (ABC)
- City Removes Red Light Cams at 6 Low-Crash Intersections (DNA)
- Cab Drivers’ Union: Due to Ride-Share 42% of Chicago Taxis Aren’t Being Used (Chicagoist)
- Letter: Don’t Cut Service on Metra Electric Branches, Turn the Line Over to CTA (Sun-Times)
- Construction Begins on 41st Street Bike-Ped Bridge (DNA)
- Suburban Shopping Mall Construction Slows as Retailer Favor Urban Sites (Crain’s)
- Chicago’s ‘L’ System Debuted 125 Years Ago (Tribune, CBS)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago