- Aldermen Fail to Force a Vote on Abolishing Traffic Cams (DNA)
- Numbers Show Edgewater Cams Have Been Successful in Reducing Speeding (DNA)
- Transit Officials Paint Bleak Picture of How Rauner Cuts Would Affect Service (Tribune)
- Teen Killed in Train Crash While Walking Home From School in Cedar Lake (Tribune)
- Two Injured in Semi-Truck Rollover in Long Grove (Sun-Times)
- Just After Losing $26 Million Crash Case, Yellow Cab Files for Bankruptcy (Tribune)
- Why the CTA’s Belmont Flyover Makes Sense (Steven Can Plan)
- Profiles of Chicago Families Who Get Around by Bike (Chicago Bike Mom)
- This Year’s PeopleForBikes Benefit Ride Will Go From Minneapolis to Chicago (BRAIN)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Whether or not you’ve contributed to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund, we hope you can join us for our Donor Appreciation Party on Wednesday, March 25, 6-9 p.m. at Revolution Brewing’s Kedzie Avenue taproom, 3340 North Kedzie. All Streetsblog readers are invited to attend this free event, and everyone who has contributed $100 or more will get a complimentary beer courtesy of RevBrew, plus a free copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Thanks to the support of readers like you, our fundraising effort has come a long way since SBC went on hiatus on January 8. We have raised $42,280 in contributions and ad sales, so we’ve got less than $8K to raise before we hit $50K. [Note: We’re currently having some technical difficulties with our Donate-O-Meter graphic after moving the site to a new server — this should be fixed soon.] At that point, we’ll win a $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust, which will allow us to resume publication by our April 8 deadline.
However, we now have only about three weeks to meet that goal. If you value Streetsblog’s hard-hitting coverage of local transportation and safe streets news, and you haven’t already done so, please make a contribution today. While donations are not tax-deductible at this point, in the very unlikely event that the site does not relaunch by April 8, your money will be refunded.
One more thing: If you’d like to get Today’s Headlines in your email inbox right after they go live, sign up for our mailing list here.
As always, thanks for your support. We hope to see you on the 25th at RevBrew!