- Check Out Active Trans‘ 2015 Voter Guide to See Where Candidates Stand on Transportation
- At Debate, Emanuel Attacked Over Cams, Wilson Only Candidate to Oppose “Dibs” (Tribune)
- Feds Award $120 Million to Your New Blue, Including Jeff Park Station Overhaul (CBS)
- Man Killed After Jumping in Front of Blue Line Train Near Division Street (DNA)
- Police: Senior on Crack Threatened to Run Over Woman During Parking Dispute (DNA)
- What? Pickup Driver Speeded Onto Empty Car Carrier on Bishop Ford Expressway (Tribune)
- City Issues Warnings to Snow Shoveling Scofflaws, But No Tickets Yet (RedEye)
- Etiquette Tips For Folks Who Only Ride the ‘L’ When It’s Too Snowy to Drive (Tribune)
- Remembering the 1979 Blizzard That Brought Chicago to a Standstill (Chicago Magazine)
- Gallery: Interesting Junk People Are Using as Parking Placeholders (Chicago Dibs)
- …And Then There’s This “Dibs”-Themed Cupcake (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I am continuing to produce Today’s Headlines on a volunteer basis as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!