- Foxx Drops by to Announce $120 Million in Federal Funds for Your New Blue (DNA)
- Jeff Park Plan Highlights City’s Failure to Think Big With Station Rehabs (Steven Can Plan)
- CDOT Plans to Dramatically Shorten Pedestrian Crossing Distance at Touhy/Rogers (DNA)
- Jewel Considers Shrinking Parking Lots to Create More Retail Space (Crain’s)
- Cop Who Fatally Struck Woman in ’02 Charged With New DUI, Hit-and-Run (Tribune)
- Police Arrested 2 Drivers During DUI Sting in Bridgeport Last Weekend (DNA)
- Thief Steals School Bus, Crashes It Into the Front of a “Card Frenzy” Store (CBS)
- 2 Metra BNSF Trains Canceled This Morning Due to Switching Problems (Tribune)
- While Chicago Warns Shoveling Scofflaws, Evanston & Naperville Ticket Them (Tribune)
- If “Dibs” Is Fair for Parking, Why Not Apply It to Restaurants & Theaters? (Crain’s)
- A Sneak Peek at the Bike Winter Art Show, Which Open This Friday (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I am continuing to produce Today’s Headlines on a volunteer basis as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!