Today’s Headlines for Thursday, April 6
- Federal judge holds city of Chicago in violation of ADA for failing to provide accessible pedestrian signals (USDOJ)
- Federal agency announces it will demolish 3-story building between 2 historic State Street buildings (Crain’s)
- CTA Crews to “Refresh & Renew” 29 Stations with quick improvements in 2023
- Reader: Here’s what you should do “when an unhoused Chicagoan is sleeping across [4 or 5] seats on the train”
- Meet Broadview Mayor Katrina Thompson, a champion of walking and bicycling
- Infrastructure project near West Chicago Metra station may affect Main Street traffic
- City Council to consider $2M for artificial turf, new drainage to help fix Winnemac Park (Block Club)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has chipped in so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K to keep the site rolling smoothly in 2023. You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great spring.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago