Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, December 6
- Driver, passenger killed after failing to yield to oncoming traffic while making a left in unincorporated Palatine (NBC)
- Ex-CTA clerk charged with stealing $350K from retirement fund (WTTW)
- Current CTA prez ridiculed for getting 33% raise to $350K while system is performing terribly (Commuters Take Action)
- Metra UP-NW Line delayed after train struck car in Palatine, driver fled the scene (CBS)
- Neighbors weigh in on plans for Casino at Chicago/Halsted, including elimination of ped bridge, at meeting (Crain’s)
- Chicago Reader article about ex-Uptown alder Helen Shiller suggests building housing on a parking lot is bad for affordability
- Block Club looks at the claim La Spata was a Scrooge for forcing bar to remove pedestrian-endangering Xmas decor
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has chipped in so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 31 to keep the site rolling smoothly in 2023. You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the holiday season.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago