Today’s Headlines for Thursday, January 27
- ATA op-ed: Let’s use federal infra dollars to improve bus service, including reviving Ashland BRT (Tribune)
- Editorial: It was foolish for CTA prez Carter to skip hearings on $26M in tax revenue (Sun-Times)
- Two semi drivers injured in crash on Dan Ryan near 83rd early this morning, one seriously injured (ABC)
- Metra Milwaukee District West trains were halted due to switch problems during Tuesday PM rush (CBS)
- 64-unit affordable housing development with 19 car spots approved for Division/California (Block Club)
- Little Village Arch, built in 1990, is now an official city landmark (Block Club)
- WBEZ editor reflects on history of LeClaire Courts public housing development, his childhood home
- A WGN Radio producer beats the cold by getting around the Loop via the Pedway system
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago