Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, December 8
- ATA honors Lawndale resident Rochelle Jackson, who helped bring back Ogden bus (Block Club)
- 2 injured, 1 arrested after fiery crash on Oakwood Blvd. near DuSable LSD (ABC)
- Driver seriously injures man, 27, crossing Touhy in the latest of many Niles bike and ped crashes (Tribune)
- Evanstonians want the CTA to hurry up and fix crumbling Purple Line infrastructure (CBS)
- Schaumburg drafts 4-year plan to improve bike-friendliness (Daily Herald)
- Rail unions seek to block BNSF, Metra vaccine mandates (Trains)
- Bike-powered potato-based doughnut company is looking to open in Andersonville (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K by January 1 to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago