Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, June 16
- CBS: In the first 5 weeks of 6 mph speed tickets, about 400K citations were issued
- Metra extends $10 All-Day Pass through September (Fox)
- Residents say hundreds of motorcyclists have been illegally using the 41st Street pedestrian bridge (CBS)
- Chicago’s water fountains will be turned on this summer, but not for weeks (Block Club)
- Tribune’s Eric Zorn looks at the racial divide in support for DuSable Drive
- The Bronzeville Freedom Ride takes place on Juneteenth at noon at Wintrust Arena
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.