Today’s Headlines for Monday, June 7
- Despite pandemic, parking meter contract still generated $13M for private investors (Sun-Times)
- ATA looks at the Navy Pier Flyover’s long, bumpy ride from conception to completion
- Driver in good condition after crashing into building on 400 block of North Dearborn (CBS)
- Robberies reported near CTA stations in Englewood, Fuller Park (Fox)
- This year’s CTA Pride train colors include shoutouts to Black, Brown, and trans people (ABC)
- 8 Green Line cars are fully wrapped in artwork from artists Nick Cave and Bob Faust (ABC)
- Update on the DuSable Drive campaign from WBEZ, including WGN’s racially-skewed survey data
- Vigil for “School of Rock” drummer, fallen cyclist Kevin Clark on 6/12, 10 AM at Logan Monument (ATA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.