Today’s Headlines for Friday, April 2
- Chicago launches CTA “vaccination bus” to reach seniors in areas with low vaccination rates (Sun-Times)
- More state senators needed to co-sponsor bill to make Illinois roads safer (ATA)
- ATA talks to Chuy Garcia about his efforts to win transit funding
- ATA honored Garcia, Jacky Grimshaw, and SRAM cofounders at its annual gala
- Morton Salt factory, slated to become a music venue, takes another step towards landmarking (Block Club)
- Aurora church gives away 100 bikes to kids (Tribune)
- Letter makes a “think of the piping plovers” argument against meters at Montrose Beach (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.