Today’s Headlines for Thursday, March 11
- CTA approves $1.75M settlement with Joseph Morgan, 24, struck on bike by bus driver (WTTW)
- Limit St. Patrick’s Day crowds or we’ll shut you down, city warns Chicago bars (Block Club)
- Crain’s podcast: Why Metra sees questionable One Central transit hub as a “golden opportunity”
- With no letup in carjackings, police launch website, add more officers to citywide task force (Block Club)
- Push to rename Kolmar Park for poet killed in Holocaust gets her family’s support (Block Club)
- After record sales and shortages in 2020, Chicago bike shops gear up for another banner year (WTTW)
- Chicago Tribune reporter Steve Johnson explores Wisconsin’s Driftless Area on bikes
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Great news! We surpassed our $50,000 fundraising goal. I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who donated to help Streetsblog Chicago hit the target. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this allows us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Stay tuned for an announcement about an online fundraising victory party.
If you haven’t chipped in yet and would like to donate to help keep Streetsblog Chicago running past 2021 you can still make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great March.
– John Greenfield, co-editor