Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, February 17
- Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation after snow storm (Associated Press)
- 6 Chicago buildings have had roof collapses from snow this month (Sun-Times)
- Belmont Cragin youth urge CTA board to upgrade bus service (ATA)
- Witnesses: Woman jumped on Blue tracks and died after altercation at Pulaski stop (ABC)
- Driver crashes off I-355 bridge — 2nd case of a motorist plunging from an Interstate in a week (ABC)
- Namesake of all-affordable, LGBT-friendly Logan TOD is denied housing there (Block Club)
- Tribune editorial: Instead of doing “Dibs,” help a neighbor shovel out a parking spot
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor