Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, February 10
- Union approves deal with Chicago schools to return to class (Politico)
- Glowacz and Joravsky discuss aldermanic pushback to West Loop Metra station TIF (ChiGov.com)
- 2 killed, 1 seriously hurt in high-speed Dan Ryan crash near Englewood, ISP say (ABC)
- CPD: Man arrested after joyride in stolen school bus ends in South Shore crash (ABC)
- Six Corners residents petition for stop sign, speed cam after drivers keep jumping curb (Block Club)
- City to replace 43rd Street bridge with more accessible design (Sun-Times)
- Neighbors criticize plan for upscale Avondale 8:8 apartments with no affordable units (Block Club)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor