Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, February 9
- Indoor resto service is legal, but lakefront is still closed. That could change soon (Block Club)
- CTU leaders send schools reopening plan to full membership for a vote (Block Club)
- WTTW looks at how Metra sets fires by tracks to keep trains moving in the cold
- Indian Trail Road project in Aurora includes a new side path (Tribune)
- Author freezes pants to use them as a “Dibs” marker in West Ridge (Block Club)
- Patrick Reardon discusses his book “The Loop” at a free Zoom talk tonight at 8 PM
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor