Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, January 19
- Under state crime bill, motorists would not lose license for unpaid traffic cam tickets (ProPublica)
- 8 injured, including 3 children, in Lake Shore Drive crash at North Ave. (ABC)
- Driver strikes 2 twin brothers, 14, on skateboards in Elgin, seriously injuring them (NBC)
- Map: After a record year for carjacking in Chicago, the trend is continuing in 2021 (Tribune)
- A CTA bus driver was carjacked in employee parking lot Friday afternoon (WGN)
- State loosening COVID restrictions in Chicago, allowing museums to reopen and sports to return (Block Club)
- The Navy Pier Flyover bike bridge now has a drawbridge (The Chainlink)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago