Today’s Headlines for Thursday, December 24
- Stay home for Christmas, New Year’s to reduce COVID spread, state’s leaders plead (Block Club)
- Child “gravely” injured, woman in critical condition after Gage Park crash (CBS)
- Police share video of driver fleeing Lisle traffic stop, fatally crashing on I-88 ramp (Sun-Times)
- Chicagoans are accepting $10K checks to move to Michigan and work remotely there (Crain’s)
- Sun-Times op-ed: “Biking was a great escape during a ridiculously stressful year”
- After 2 years of work, Englewood leaders unveiling 1st “Buy The Block” renovated home (Block Club)
- Retired fashion designer created a mannequin Nativity scene on his lawn (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will be on a light publishing schedule over the holidays as we focus on fundraising, including Today’s Headlines and possible posts in response to breaking news. We will not publish on December 25 or January 1. We will resume full publication on Monday, January 4.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago