Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, December 16
- More local coverage of Biden picking Pete over Rahm for USDOT chief (Tribune, Crain’s)
- Emanuel may still be getting an ambassador post (Sun-Times)
- Driver charged with homicide in crash that killed passenger Lazaro Rosas-Garcia, 29 (Tribune)
- Metra platform rifle shooter said he “he does stupid stuff when he drinks” (Tribune)
- La Pasadita is selling building, eligible to be an equitable TOD, hopes to stay in business (Block Club)
- New coach houses to be allowed under proposed law before aldermen today (Block Club)
- ATA hosts a virtual town hall on the topic of food access and public transit on 12/15
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago