Today’s Headlines for Thursday, December 10
- Divvy electrification, N. Lawndale bike library among “awesome” 2020 Chicago happenings (TOC)
- Wrong-way driver crashes into Joliet funeral procession, injuring 3 (NBC)
- Police officer injured in crash with driver in Chatham (Tribune)
- FBI looking for man wanted for shooting rifle on McCormick Place Metra platform (ABC)
- Chicago Restaurant Coalition led by BRT opponent Romanelli, pushes indoor dining by 1/15 (Crain’s)
- You can legally drink inside airport bars right now, a “ludicrous” double standard (Block Club)
- Lightfoot offers to defer Cubs $250K annual infra payment due to $100M season loss (Sun-Times)
- Ordinance renaming LSD for Point du Sable on Transportation Committee agenda (Daily Line)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago