Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, December 8
- ATA looks at the state of the Fair Transit South Cook pilot
- Amtrak, Metra end Chicago Union Station arbitration (Trains)
- Truck crash, fuel leak causing road closures in Hegewisch (CBS)
- Construction starts soon on Auburn Park Metra station along Rock Island line (Block Club)
- “How can our customers get to us?” asks owner of store located 4 minutes from ‘L’ (Block Club)
- The Swedish taboo: Ald. Tunney ignores indoor dining ban at his Ann Sather restaurants (Sun-Times)
- All Chicago Park District ice rinks are now open (Reader)
- ATA hosts an online transit justice forum tonight at 6 PM
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago