Today’s Headlines for Monday, December 7
- Cook County launches rider survey in advance of Fair Transit South Cook launch
- Smart Cities looks at “disappointing” $16M diversion of ride-hail funding from CTA budget
- Fatal Eisenhower pedestrian crash near Independence Sunday morning (CBS)
- Man, 66, in serious condition after driver struck him on Milwaukee in Glenview (Tribune)
- Ambulance/car crash in Chinatown results in minor injuries (WGN)
- A reckless driver nearly took out ex-Trib transportation reporter Mary Wisniewski
- The CTA Holiday Train is running but its schedule is top-secret, for good reason (WTTW)
- ATA hosts a town hall discussion on transit and food access on 12/15
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago