Today’s Headlines for Friday, December 4
- Study: Lack of opportunity to social distanced caused higher Black, Latino COVID death rates (Block Club)
- 3 teens die in crash after fleeing traffic stop in Berkeley (Sun-Times)
- Truck driver fatally struck Michael Guzman, 31, in West Rogers Park (Sun-Times)
- Longtime cop John Garrido Sr., 76, father of anti-bike lane activist, died of COVID-19 (Sun-Times)
- Family of hit-and-run victim Eliseo Mendoza, 86, calls for help solving case (Block Club)
- Public art project to commemorate 1919 Chicago Race Riot receives grant funding (WIU)
- The Riverview Bridge, aka The Hot Doug, gets high marks in Tribune’s architecture rankings
- Historic La Luce building, near Ashland Green/Pink station, spared for now (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago