Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, December 1
- Chicago aldermen weigh in on the idea of Rahm Emanuel as USDOT chief (Associated Press)
- Letter: Rahm Emanuel lacks “character and moral rectitude” to be USDOT chief (Tribune)
- Zachary Plantz, 27, advisor to Dan Lipinski, killed in Florida crash on Thanksgiving morning (ABC)
- Hit-and-run driver injures state trooper on Kennedy Expressway (CBS)
- CBS looks at crash statistics for Lake Shore Drive’s Oak Street curve
- Cyclist hit by waves on LFT near Oak yesterday; here’s our inland detour map (ABC)
- CDOT has started work on the new 43rd Street bike/ped bridge over LSD (Block Club)
- 88-unit, all-affordable/CHA, LGBT-friendly housing development opens in Logan (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago