Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, November 25
- Driver killed Justin Fanslau, 51, in Hammond grocery store lot and fled the scene (NWI Times)
- Officer suffered severe facial injuries after being dragged by driver during traffic stop (CBS)
- Multiple crashes reported on Dan Ryan expressway as slick conditions continue (CBS)
- Police seeking man wanted for phone robbery on CTA train in Bronzeville (Fox)
- Bus drivers wouldn’t let passenger on shirtless w/ mask, let him on mask-less w/ shirt (HPH)
- ATA: The Rte. 53 extension was a bad idea — let’s make sure it never happens
- Need a gift idea — how about a used bike or accessories from West Town? (Block Club)
- Volunteers sought for December 5 Humboldt Boulevard cleanup event (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will be off Thursday and Friday.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago