Today’s Headlines for Thursday, November 19
- ATA, other advocacy groups launch petition against diverting ride-hail revenue from CTA
- CTA ‘cautiously optimistic’ about second round of transit stimulus money (WTTW)
- Gary police chase ends with death of bystander Jacob Moore, 29, on IU campus (CBS)
- Driver charged with fatally striking Troy Young, 41, in Lombard, fleeing (Daily Herald)
- Worker injured in South Side rail yard alleges negligence, race played a role (Sun-Times)
- Motorists drive around stuck gates at crossings in Riverside, Berwyn along BNSF Line (ABC)
- Goal of Rosa’s rezoning plan is to block dense development in on Milwaukee Ave. (Block Club)
- New WTTW “Chicago From the Air” doc discusses Black bike racing great Major Taylor (Herald)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago