Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, November 18
- Driver who failed to yield injured pedestrian on Golf Road near Niles (Tribune)
- Police blame distracted driving for Franklin Park pedestrian crash, Tribune blames “dark clothing”
- Boy, 17, on bike grazed by bullet after being caught in crossfire in Bronzeville (Sun-Times)
- Pritzker’s office debunks article claiming his daughter broke dining capacity rules (Politico)
- Women’s racing team LA Sweat to provide WTF mentorship for Blackstone Bikes kids (Velo News)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago