Today’s Headlines for Friday, November 13
- Pritzker issues state Stay at Home guidelines, warns they could become mandatory (NBC)
- How Chicago’s transit shutdowns during BLM protests negatively impacted residents (The Appeal)
- Transit agencies surveying riders about post-COVID reality (Evanston Now)
- Man in his 60s killed in Lake Forest hit-and-run; police search for white pickup truck (Tribune)
- Driver dies after car/Metra train crash in Arlington Heights (CBS)
- CTA bus service was rerouted due to fire at Madison/Wabash (WGN)
- Developer shows plans for Moody Bible site, near Chicago Brown/Purple stop (Sun-Times)
- Interview with author of “The Loop: The ‘L’ Tracks That Shaped and Saved Chicago” (WGN)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago