Today’s Headlines for Thursday, November 12
- State urges all Illinoisans to stay home again as 145 more COVID deaths reported (Block Club)
- Driver who allegedly killed Tushar Sharma, 27, charged with reckless homicide (Tribune)
- Driver charged with aggravated DUI in fatal August crash on I-55 (Fox)
- Blue Line derailment was caused by tire from car crash near Harlem (Tribune)
- Chicago has seen a major uptick in car arsons this year (Block Club)
- 314 apartments, 31 affordable, 136 parking spots proposed 1/2 mile from Wilson stop (Block Club)
- ATA has a campaign to establish connections between trails throughout the region
- Ald. Matt O’Shea proposes ordinance capping third-party food delivery service fees (Patch)
- Metra is hiring a deputy executive director for operations (Mass Transit)
- Chicago cyclist makes mask lanyards after seeing litter in parks (NBC)
- Online CTA 2021 budget hearing tonight at 6 PM (ABC)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago