Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, November 4
- Pritzker’s Fair Tax plan for graduated income tax meets resistance at the polls (Tribune)
- Wabash bridge raised to protect Trump Tower on election night (NBC)
- Little Village activists slam Hilco in billboard 6 Months after dust disaster (Block Club)
- Find your Chicago map twin with free Folded Map kits (Block Club)
- Norwood Park Historical Society opposes car-centric developments by Harlem Blue stop (Nadig)
- River Forest board delays play for bike route signs, questioning costs (OakPark.com)
- My Block, My Hood, My City will light up King Drive this holiday season (Block Club)
- 10 best hikes near Chicago (Some Energy Drink Company)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago