Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, October 28
- Lightfoot hopes to persuade Pritzker to lift Chicago indoor dining ban (PBS)
- Hyde Park Herald looks at what the South Cook Fair Transit pilot means for the neighborhood
- Trump got $270M in debt forgiven when his Chicago tower proved a disappointment (NYT)
- Car crash caused power outage in Northbrook Tuesday afternoon, no injuries (ABC)
- CTA is blocking mural honoring Brandon McGhee, 23, killed by Armitage/Western stop (Block Club)
- WTTW checks out the new Bike Lane Uprising app
- The South Side’s 1st Black-owned running shop has opened, and it’s a hit (Block Club)
- Biking keeps residents of senior home by Fox river Trail active during pandemic (Patch)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago