Today’s Headlines for Friday, October 23
- WTTW looks at the movement to make North LSD less car-centric
- Lightfoot announces return of ban on indoor bar service, 10 PM curfew (Block Club)
- 2 separate fatal crashes on Tri-State Tollway (WGN)
- Sana Saleem, 38 killed in I-294 crash in Schiller Park Thursday morning (ABC)
- 2 critically injured after BMW driver struck motorcycle on LSD and fled (Sun-Times)
- Time Out’s 20 influential people and things list includes West Side bike library
- Andersonville hosts socially-distanced trick-or-treating on the Catalpa shared street (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago