Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 22
- Several UP-NW station houses reopened after being closed since early in pandemic (J & T)
- Police: 2 CPD members hurt after driver veers into squad car in I-290 hit-and-run (Sun-Times)
- Police officer injured after driver allegedly runs red in Little Village (Sun-Times)
- Man, 40, charged with violent robbery on Red Line at Cermak on 10/12 (Fox)
- Plan for 56 apartments with 28 spots on 4500 block of Clark moving forward (Block Club)
- 2 other 2-3-story Uptown buildings will be redeveloped into mid-rise buildings (Block Club)
- Chicago Century Club cyclists celebrate community, Black-owned businesses (Sun-Times)
- Columbia Chronicle checks out the Bikes, Birds and Environmental Justice ride
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago