Today’s Headlines for Monday, October 19
- It’s on! Preckwinkle tells Crain’s board South Cook Fair Transit Pilot will launch in January
- Sun-Times checks out the bike ride to encourage voting led by Equiticity and Streets Calling
- Officer, 2 others injured after collision between unmarked car and another vehicle in Roseland (CBS)
- A driver crashes into downtown Cort furniture for the 2nd time in 2 years (ABC)
- Metra extends $10-dollar all-day pass through 2020 (Crusader)
- Multiple CTA bus lines rerouted while man was hanging off Trump Tower for 13 hours (WGN)
- Shuttle buses will run between Western and Kimball during Brown Line work (Sun-Times)
- Local golf course offers the option of seated e-scooters instead of golf carts (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago