Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 15
- Feds back plan to pedestrianize roads in Jackson Park as part of Obama center work (Block Club)
- WTTW looks at demands for no transit shutdowns in the event of post-election protests
- Drunk driver arrested after crash on I-57 that injured Illinois state trooper (CBS)
- COPA concludes investigation into police shooting of Ariel Roman at Grand Red station (Sun-Times)
- Study: Food co-op can succeed at Wilson station, but design tweaks are needed (Block Club)
- LaSpata wants to downzone planned tower at that neighbors say will crowd Blue Line (Block Club)
- Oswego is opening a new amphitheater near planned Metra station site (Tribune)
- Introducing Evanston RoundTable’s Traffic Guy column on local transportation news
- Ald. Reboyras hosts a Spooktacular Halloween Bike Ride Saturday 10 AM in Riis Park
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago