Today”s Headlines for Thursday, October 8
- Hit-and-run driver killed Mitchell Climons, 55, walking near 5th Avenue and Pulaski (ABC)
- State Police: Darren Green Jr. killed during struggle with trooper over gun during traffic stop (ABC)
- Car driver seriously injured man walking, 56, in Chatham and fled the scene (Sun-Times)
- Hit-and-run SUV driver caused $100K in damage to Buckingham Fountain fence (Sun-Times)
- Lightfoot moves to acquire CTA land next to site of $95 million police academy in W. Garfield (Sun-Times)
- Andersonville neighbors say development at 5457 N. Clark needs more affordable units (Block Club)
- New contraflow bike lane on Grace will make a handy Mellow Route even more useful (Block Club)
- Only alderman who voted against e-cargo bike ordinance was — wait for it — Ray “Showpez” Lopez (Block Club)
- Metra’s Chicago & North Western heritage unit makes debut run (Trains)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago