Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, September 29
- Lightfoot reopens indoor service for bars w/o kitchens, increases restaurant capacity (Block Club)
- National Park Service seeking public input on Environmental Assessment for Obama Center plan
- New Pilsen mural pays tribute to essential workers (Block Club)
- Ride Illinois prepares 10-year Bikeway Implementation plan for Rockford (RR Star)
- Forest preserves report more riders on the bike trails during COVID (Daily Herald)
- 7 Chicagoland bike trails where you can take a long ride (Time Out)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago