Today’s Headlines for Friday, September 25
- Tribune takes a deep-dive into how COVID has affected Chicago travel patterns
- Agencies: Overnight ‘L’ trains, weekend Metra service in danger if federal aid isn’t provided (Crain’s)
- Police: Women, 83 killed in Chatham after accidentally hitting gas instead of brakes (Sun-Times)
- Man, 25, seriously injured in shooting on CTA Red Line platform in Englewood (NBC)
- After some neighbors complain, city removes colorful graffiti along 606 (Block Club)
- Lyric Opera will hold drive-through performances in its parking garage (Sun-Times)
- John discusses the South Shore Line’s “Mask Optional Car policy on WGN Radio
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago