Today’s Headlines for Thursday, September 17
- Some aldermen say little has changed since Lightfoot sought to end aldermanic prerogative (Block Club)
- Illinois doctors rank masked transit commuting as a medium-risk activity during COVID (Block Club)
- Motorcycle injury crash shuts down all outbound Kennedy lanes at Addison (ABC)
- Crash blocks all northbound lanes of Interstate 55 near Joliet (NBC)
- NWU implements University-issued Ventra cards for free admission to CTA 201 bus route (Daily Northwestern)
- Michelle Obama discusses the time CPD officers accused her brother of stealing his own bike (Independent)
- John will discuss the Chicago scooter pilot on WBEZ 91.5 FM today at about 11 AM
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago