Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, August 26
- City issues RFPs for pedestrian-oriented projects in low-income communities (Architect’s Newspaper)
- Is a mass exodus from downtown in the wake of looting a realistic scenario? (Chicago Mag)
- Driver critically injured male cyclist, 33, on the 7800 block of South Vincennes (Sun-Times)
- Andersonville street mural honors Black transgender people lost to violence (Block Club)
- Metra: Union Pacific’s refusal to collect fares is costing $1 million a month in lost revenue (Tribune)
- Infrastructure projects will shut down some Ukrainian Village roads in upcoming months
- Here’s how to weigh in on the new name for the West Ridge nature preserve (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.